Sunday, January 15, 2006

Thermostat & timing changes... let's see..

So, I checked out my thermostat settings.. which are admittedly a bit of a compromise as out of the two of us in the house, there's often one working from home during the day. Anyway, I'm sticking with a consistent setup all week, and we'll see how things go.

Previous was: (time -> temp)
  • 6:50 -> 18 deg C
  • 8:00 -> 16
  • 18:00 -> 18
  • 22:50 -> 11
I think it's too warm too early, and I could easily let things get cooler for the bulk of the day, so changed it to:
  • 7:30 -> 18 deg C (later, as I'm never up before 8... as it's not light yet by then will see if housemate notices!)
  • 8:45 -> 14 (allow 2 degrees cooler for bulk of day)
  • 19:00 -> 18 (I typically work later, and get home around 7pm. Can always boost temp up a little if in early)
  • 22:50 -> 11 (as before)
The other thing to do is to work out the footprint of my weekly indulgence... a long soak in the bath. We'll see about that one in a few hours.

No comments: