Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Challenge!

I'm starting this blog as part of a challenge I've set myself.

That challenge is to reduce my personal yearly CO2 emissions to 1 tonne (this is still about 3 times what is sustainable on average across the globe. The UK average is apparently 10 tonnes, and the US average 20 tonnes!).

The challenge once this is met is to live an extraordinary life, and to share with the world what it is possible to do within that limit.

My first challenge is getting there though, so I've started this blog to track one thread of the challenge... to reduce my fossil fuel heating emissions.

The overall challenge can be found on another blog - One Tonne Challenge which will track progress on all fronts.

This blog is intended to be a resource for people who want to tackle their heating emissions.

No comments: